I know I have been away for awhile, only posting occasional pictures but life has been crazy. I will sum up the happenings over the past several months:
1. Lost my job in June of last year(cut backs), immediately took a job teaching nursing in Orlando. That means for the past year I have worked 3 12 hour days and had 3 hours of drive time each day (1 hour going, 2 coming home) Off days are spent at Izzy's doctors appointments or trying to work from home.
2. My back has been in awful pain- see above, driving 3 hours a day is not good.
3. Izzy has been sick a lot. She is on constant antibiotics. She had pneumonia from her chronic sinus infection, 5 baby root canals and 6 fillings under general anesthesia. We are now going for her 4th set of tubes. Big permanent T-tubes this time (hopefully these will stay in and she will be able to hear!) and she is having a good sinus clean out while she is under to try and get rid of this infection.
4. Izzy stopped growing again. They did a bone age x-ray which indicated that she is 6 years 10 months, almost 7. I questioned the doctor and he said I think she is 7. Major freak out. Confusion. No one else who has ever met her thinks she is that age. We have repeat growth hormone bloodwork to be done and I am looking for a university children's hospital to get a second opinion. Things like adrenal problems can cause advance bone age.
5. Austin is 13, do I need to say anymore?
6.In August I will leave the college and start to teach at the local high school in the health academies prepping students for health care careers. I desperately need to be off the road and home with my family. Big pay cut, but I think it will be worth it.
7. My house looks like an episode of hoarders.
I think that sums it all up.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan




No comments:
Post a Comment