Out Numbered 3 to 1

I thought a daughter would be an ally, instead I am now outnumbeed 3 to 1.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Anyone miss me?

Hello to any followers that are still left. I can't believe I did not post for a month. This is a measure of how difficult teaching middle school is as well as adjustment issues with Izzy. We changed daycare because she had to be at one in Clermont for the school system to transport her to and from school for ESE pre-k. She has not been a happy camper and has been sick on top of it. She misses her Ms. Leisa and all of her friends.

Middle school is rough. The fighting, people getting in each others faces, yelling, and then there is the students.... Just kidding. The staff is great but the students are very different than I thought. I must have been living under a rock.

Izzy is the same. We have to repeat blood work due to some elevated levels on the metabolic studies. We still have more doctors to see. I need to plan her birthday party. Austins birthday party, and head into the holidays.

I will leave you with a disturbing video of Izzy dancing to her favorite song, Low Rider. It leaves me with many questions, including what country did we get her from? She loves Spanish rice, Latin music, and constantly says hi to Hispanic men. She does have her daddy's rhythm though. usually she does a Tom Jones hip thrust/bounce thing but today it was about the arms.

7 comments:

Teresa =) said...

Trish -

Not only do I miss you, I was actually getting on your blog to leave you a comment that I miss you...and you posted something!!

Life is so crazy busy. I only blog a bunch because it's therapeutic for me in some weird way, but I understand when people take long breaks from their blogs. Glad you're enjoying your job. (You ARE enjoying it...right?!)

That video was...interesting. Sign that girl up for dance class quick...she needs all the help she can get!!

Love you!

Teresa =)

Darlene said...

Hey Trish,

It was good to meet you this past weekend! We will all have to get together again. I don't know how you manage to do your middle school class. You probably have so much patience with that age group. I admire all teachers, but esp. those who teach the prepuberty kids and teenagers. Thanks for sharing the pics of her dancing..she is so cute!

Darlene

Carrie said...

I love you girl-get back on here at least once every two weeks and share-even if it is not the best news- I want to here it! love and hugs your way- Thanks for coming Saturday night!
Love you buddie!
-Carrie

Livin' out loud said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! I found you at Carrie's blog the title got me, glad I came to visit....now you know why I homeschool our middle schooler lol.
Susan

art said...

Izzy - get FUNKY!!! She looks great. I am was happy to see your update.

Adreanna & Addison

Lori Ann said...

Whoa! Is that Charro???
I've missed your updates too. Glad you're back.

Lori Ann

Carrie said...

you have been tagged, see my blog for details.

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan