Out Numbered 3 to 1

I thought a daughter would be an ally, instead I am now outnumbeed 3 to 1.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another school injury

A couple of weeks ago, right before the school break, Izzy fell at school and had a huge goose egg and bruise across her forhead with swelling into her face. She was swinging her legs on a bench and saw her school bus and jumped down. She is pretty small for a 3 year old and she landed flat on her face.

Second week back to school (monday) and she falls in the bathroom, with someone with her, and hits her head on the step stool. They glued the big gash together. It is oozing some. I have been very upset. School is upset and making changes to keep her safe. I am just at a lost as to what to do with her. The nurse was very disturbed by the fact that she had a big gash in her eyelid and went about as if nothing was wrong. She did burst int tears when I got home yesterday (Buck had picked her up and taken her to the doctor). What do I do.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

OH my! I can't believe it! MJ feel like at least once a week at the public school that was one of the reasons we pulled her- I wish I lived closer so I could watch Izzy! call me when you can I need some help and need you advice!

Winter Casciari said...

Bless her little heart, Trish! She looks like a boxer! She'll be OK. They are so awkward at that age. Anna's finally gotten beyond some of that, and doesn't fall so easily. Give it another few months and she'll be a bit more graceful.

And then you get to be my age, and gracefullness starts to depart once again, and now you're old enough to BREAK BONES just by falling down. Lovely.

Billie, the "ballerina" in combat boots!

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan