This was a wonderful and exhausting day. The past 2 years have been spent waiting for the holidays when we would all be together as a family of 4. Well that is what we have.
IzzyB did well for her first time in a packed house full of people and many breakable items. She was on sensory overload so we ended up walking outside in the drizzle to help her relax. No meltdowns or fits just way too excited. I should have brought the pack and play to put her in but did not think of it. I guess I have to relearn how to be a mom for a toddler or at least for this toddler who is very different from my son. We were missing many of our usual crowd at dinner but that was a good thing. i think it would have been too much if everyone was there.
The most interesting thing was when my sister asked if i would go back to China with her to get a baby. First I said I am never going back, then I asked her if she remembered what she told me when I asked her to go, she did (she said no very quickly), then she said but now you know what to expect and do, and i finally said yes I would go with her. Very strange conversation. The whole time i am thinking my brother never should have pulled out, Kim could have their child. I know that is crazy, but i thought it. My sister wants a 3-4 y.o. girl. I think we could do that.
Anyways, my brother's former neighbor kept asking why we got a baby and Jason didn't. i kept saying I don't know. Maybe they need to be more open with people, instead of saying they couldn't get a baby! Anyways, so much for my rant. Here are the pics.




No comments:
Post a Comment