Out Numbered 3 to 1

I thought a daughter would be an ally, instead I am now outnumbeed 3 to 1.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Video baby monitor, tantrums, time out

Yes, I am that hypervigilant at this point. I bought a baby video monitor because I have not been able to sleep since the last seizure and keep running into Izzy's room when she is tossing and turning to check on her. So for my sanity, and our sleep I bought the monitor. It was a cheap one, black and white picture but does the trick. It is very funny to see how restless she is when she sleeps, no wonder there is so much noise. Of course she also bangs her baby's head against the bars of the crib to get our attention, at least I know now it is not her head.

The funniest thing happened today before she went to bed. She was in our bedroom because we were putting her ear drops in (bloody ear infection), and she saw the monitor that was on because I had been adjusting the camera. She looked at the screen saw her crib and babies, pointed to herself, said me, laughed, and pointed to the monitor. Well she understood the concept of us watching her and put on a real show at bedtime with sound affects, kicking her legs up and so forth. She may be delayed, and have an underdeveloped Left hemisphere of the brain but this kid is smart.

Her new thing this week is to have an all out lay on the floor tantrum. The only thing is that when I walk away she gets up and tries to get in front of me to lay down again. Since she is small enough to step over, I just step over er and walk away. Not the reaction she wants. This also goes along with time-out. She understands the concept of the time out bench now and will go to it and sit if she is told. Mostly for biting or ignoring mommy when I tell her no. Once on the bench she cries the most pitiful cry, full tears, body shaking sobs like I have wounded her awfully. I am sure this will only last a short time and then it will be as useless of a punishment as it was for Austin. Until then, I am in charge.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Hehehehhehe-Try doing it with a 7 year old. Time out, is more like WWF at my house, no just joking our Miss M always takes time out well-which is odd, but hates if I don't pay her attention. She gave me the worse dirty look I have ever seen over not pay her attention. So now I just hug and kiss her everytime I walk by her,Do you think she will get sick of it?

Teresa =) said...

Trish -

The video monitor was a great idea! Certainly will help your peace of mind when Izzy is out of eyesight!

The tantrum story cracks me up! That girl is clearly a brilliant actress...what a HOOT!!

Counting down the days 'til we see you guys...15 more to go!

Teresa =)

Carrie said...

Ok where are some pictures of the baby? WHEN ARE YOU COMING OVER?

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan