Out Numbered 3 to 1

I thought a daughter would be an ally, instead I am now outnumbeed 3 to 1.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

What if you don't like lemonade?

Life has been kind of a &*@$# lately. Between shingles, Izzy's busted eye, the state and country's economy in the toilet....now I have lost my job.

The school system is going to have a huge shortfall next year in money from the state due to lack of property taxes, tourism is down, and so forth. They told me last week that my job was safe and not to worry. Thursday I found out that my job is gone with several other's jobs. I have never lost a job in my life. I scored a 12/12 on my evaluation. As a first year teacher I only have to get a 10/12. I have taken classes on classroom management, I run on every medical call, and am wiling to help everyone that needs something.

The problem is as an annual contract 1 teacher, I have no guarantees. Only continuing contract employees have a guaranteed job each year and then it is an act of God to get rid of someone. I am not sure what I am going to do. I can drive to Orlando 50 miles away and work as a nursing instructor and be on the road all of the time.

I have had enough lemons in my life the last few years. I have made lemonade, lemon meringue pie, lemon chicken, lemon pepper fish, scrubbed my sink with lemon and salt, and added lemon to every beverage you can.

I refuse to accept any other deliveries of lemons.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

So sorry sweetie! I love ya-HUGS!

Winter Casciari said...

I just saw this post, Trish - I'm so sorry! I will have to scramble to cancel that box of lemons I had shipped, but I'm sure I can catch it ... Would you like to have a 5 year old boy instead??? Be cautious of 35# boxes with air holes!

Seriously, that is just rotten. Maybe, just maybe, being free of that job will allow you to do something else. We'll be thinking of you. Let me know if you need anything.

- Billie, Joe, Anna and Will

Carrie said...

I tagged you!

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan