Out Numbered 3 to 1

I thought a daughter would be an ally, instead I am now outnumbeed 3 to 1.

Friday, February 8, 2008

The Daycare Stalker

Have you ever seen those moms that just can't let go? Even thought their child is happily playing with the other children they hang around just out of sight, waiting, hoping, their child will miss them....Well that was me today the daycare stalker. I think one of the children even told their teacher that a strange woman was watching them in the bushes. One family came to check out the daycare and I was hiding behind a bush as they arrived and left so I explained I was only stalking my own child so it is okay.

Izzy did okay for her 2 hour stint at daycare. Earlier in the week she spent about an hour there, Monday she will spend 4 hours and Wed. 6 hours. She is learning to drink from an open cup and how to dump it out and play in the water so they just give her a little bit at a time. We came home after snack and had lunch and then it was nap time. This is where she had a major meltdown. Naptime at daycare should be fun as well as she will be on a mat and for now at home she is in a crib.

It is hard to let go. I waited so long for her; I hate the thought of going back to work and leaving her. I know that she needs to be with other children and in a learning environment, but this is hard.


In the bushes

Sneaking up to the door

Interrupting snack time

1 comment:

Teresa =) said...

Trish -

Wow...I thought we were so much alike! You, a daycare stalker??!! Me? I drop him off and run away before he realizes I'm gone!! (Just kidding...sorta...)

Funny post...you ALWAYS manage to make me smile!

Teresa =)

Now stop scaring off the other daycare moms...

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan