How many of you guys have ever given a 2 year old pills? Can you believe that the Synthroid needed to treat Izzy's hypothyroidism only comes in pill form? Yes I was told to crush it and put it in water to drink....well that is not happening so I had to put it in a very small amount of applesauce, yeah we will see how it goes in the morning because she didn't want applesauce the rest of the day after that.
Also she will need Growth hormone we just don't know when. They think her messed up GH can be affecting the seizures. The good news is that all of this should definitely qualify her for the special ed pre-k and then she can get the therapy she needs and catch up. Early steps is making a home visit today.




1 comment:
Trish, does your insurance cover compounding pharmacies, by any chance? I can get our local compounding pharmacy to mix up drugs in fish-flavored suspensions so a cat will take them; surely they could put Izzy's meds into something a kiddo would like!
- Billie
Post a Comment