My friend Teresa from www.journeytocarson.blogspot.com tagged me to use six words to describe me and then I must tag 5 bloggers to do the same. The point is to get to know each other better.
My six words:
Compassionate- Also known as empathetic or sympathetic. I feel a lot for others. I guess this is one of the qualities that makes me a good nurse and hopefully a good teacher. Sometimes I feel too much though and take on the pain of others and things become too intense. I have always said when I stop feeling or having the ability to cry with my patients and families I will hang it all up and quit being a nurse.
Funny- I do have a sense of humor, if you get it or not depends on your own sense of humor. I have been told that it can be rather dry. Sometimes people find me much funnier then I intended. Of course my students knew enough to laugh regardless of whether they got it or not, it always helps to humor your teacher. We laugh a lot in our house.
Precise- I do like things done a certain way, the right way, my way. This can drive others crazy (husband, son, co-workers). This comes from being an ICU nurse for so long. Mistakes kill people. It is essential to do things properly. I am much more laid back then when we got married, or even had Austin. Otherwise I would be divorced by now. Having to give up control of things after my roll over car accident to allow others to help has assisted in this. Of course when it comes to my patients I am still very OCD about things.
Melodramatic- I do tend to have a theatrical flair. I think being the middle child has influenced this as the only way to get noticed was to have a more dramatic situation at the moment for my parents to respond to. I seemed to have passed this quality on to my son. Definitely a drama king, surpassing me by leaps and bounds. Don’t worry his sister is trying hard to keep up.
Thankful- I have so much to be thankful for. In the 14 years that Buck and I have been married we have had a lot of curve balls thrown at us. He has always done everything he could to take care of our family. I have good friends, including my very best friend Diane who I have known for 26 years and have always been there for me, Della who is also a best friend who bonded with me over mutual suffering and many more friends to share my joys and sorrows with. I have two great children who I thank God for everyday. Austin is smart, sensitive, funny and a great big brother. Isabella is a joy and keeps me on my toes. I have never seen a child laugh as much as she does (0bviously she learned quickly to laugh at my jokes).
Gloomy- my gloomy side comes from my genetics I think. I have a lot of bipolar people in my family, and I think I just got one side of it and am uni-polar. Think of Eeyore form Winnie the Pooh. I kind of expect the worse to happen, the glass to be half full, the lawyer to swindle us and steal the money from my car accident (see, at least I am validated when things go bad), I am just not surprised when the worse happens. Hopefully I don’t show that side all of the time but it is there.
I am tagging the following people. Some I know better than others so I hope you all play along.
Deb http://www.travel4lotus.blogspot.com
Adreanna- http://www.thetarwaterclan.blogspot.com
Trixie http://trixietraditions.blogspot.com
Ronda http://pagechinaadoption.blogspot.com/
Billie http://www.wintercasciari.com
I put hyperlinks on the side of the blog to click directly onto these blogs
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan




3 comments:
I love all those things about you-your a wonderful friend!
So glad you took part!! I agree with your words, except gloomy. Gloomy?? You cracked me up in China, helping all of us make the best of not-so-optimal situations. You're not gloomy, girlfriend, you're a TRIP!!
Teresa =)
Hmph - I noticed that you tagged me. I'll have to look at what everyone else is writing. For right now, I'm going to have to make sure I include "jealous" of you and Teresa getting to see each other again, and "grumpy" that I have to try to be introspective enough to describe myself. If you don't keep bugging me, I'll probably just end up being my usual: "lazy".
Miss you guys!!! (And I did finally catch my blog up a little bit - I'm only 2 weeks behind now!)
- Billie
Post a Comment