Out Numbered 3 to 1

I thought a daughter would be an ally, instead I am now outnumbeed 3 to 1.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

CNY- Spring Festival

Okay, this is a little late but Happy new Year and so forth. We had the sickie household again this week, the usual. The kids did get their cards and yes money on New Years Day.

We went to a large store called 1st Oriental Market today. The had Kung Fu exhibitions, Dragon and Lion dances and lots and lots of people. It smelled and looked so much like we were back in China. I was worried that I would have some post traumatic stress flashbacks when I saw the whole roasted piglets, and ducks with the necks still on, but I was okay. The only thing missing was Billie, Joe, Nickie, Anna, Will, Teresa, Kevin, Meggie, and Carson and my bottle of Xanax. In fact I felt very comfortable picking out some things for Izzy to eat and us and look forward to going back on a not so crowded day.

Then we went to the Taiwan Bakery to buy our moon cakes, some buns with cheese, and another sweet bun. The told us we can order moon cakes next year without egg for Izzy by calling ahead. I got the ones with the pineapple paste.

As usual the pics are on the http://boyandb.blogspot.com or you can click on the link in the sidebar.

One last note: Izzy who is three, is now in the full blown terrible twos. Throwing herself down to have a tantrum. I think she has learned this at school. I simply step over her and go about my business. Just don't let her catch your ankle, she can take you down, she is a strong bugger.

1 comment:

Winter Casciari said...

We didn't get to do any CNY festivities this year, but your post made me think about all our fun in China last year. I still laugh hysterically about our strong hunters coming back proudly from their pizza mission in Yinchuan. Ah, the good old days ...

Happy belated NY from Billie, Joe, Anna and Will!

"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan