I know it has been a while. We had to say goodbye to our pup which was heartbreaking. Buck, Austin, and I were there to hold him until the end. It has been over a week almost 2 and I am still crying. Austin has lost his best friend. Isabella does not know what to think and is still holding food out for him but he is not there to get it. I am still stepping over him when I get out of bed. Seeing your child in so much pain just intensifies your own.
This week (4/15) Isabella has surgery to place tubes in her eardrums, remove adenoids, and perform a BAER (brain auditory evoked response test) while she is under anesthesia to see what her hearing status is. The test doesn't work if there is fluid in her ears so we have to have the PE tubes in before the test can be done because she always has fluid in her ears.
Speech therapy will begin this week and Occupational therapy the first week of May. I was to start a job 2 days a week at the local Vo-Tech but it is now on hold since the good people of FL voted to decrease property taxes and now the schools, fire, police, and other public services are facing a shortfall of money.
On the upside, Isabella has learned to use a spoon, makes a mess but is getting better at getting the food to her mouth. We found she is "highly" allergic to milk and eggs so maybe we can get her messy, gooey, mucousy diapers under control, I am having a heck of a time feeding her though, the food she likes contains milk and eggs.
That is about it.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all"-------Mulan




2 comments:
Trish,
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a pet is heartbreaking, especially one that has been with you for a long time.
Keep us posted on Izzy's surgery. We will be sending you good thoughts.
Adreanna
Trish -
So sorry about your dog. I'm not a dog person myself, but I have a family full of them and it is heartbreaking when the end comes for a beloved family pet.
Glad you figured out Izzy's allergies -- now on to the challenge of keeping her away from her favorites, huh? Best of luck with her surgery.
Your whole family will be in my prayers...for safety for Izzy and for healing and peace over losing your dog.
Love ya!
Teresa =)
Post a Comment