




I cannot believe it has already been six months since the day our little IzzyB was handed over to us. I remember not being able to breathe I was so scared and excited. I had traveled to the other side of the world for her, as many of you know this entailed me overcoming multiple fears and phobias, so it was hard to believe I was in China much less being given this most precious gift. these are pictures of the first few moments we sent with her at the orphanage and later in our room. I remember trying not to cry because I didn't want to scare her, but I cried anyways. It all seems surreal now, like it was years ago, or a dream, but I have the proof it really happened. My house looks like a tornado hit it, I can hear Izzy breathing on the baby monitor, and I am exhausted. It all adds up to having a very bizzy 2 year old named Izzy B or as Austin calls her just the B.
I am so thankful that Auntie Nicki took these pictures because it was such a blur of activity I would have had no documentation of the event. I have to say we had the best travel companions in the world: Joe, Billie, Nicki, Anna and Will. I look at the pictures of our trip and miss them so much. We were truly blessed to have such wonderful people to share these moments with.
Now I am off to bed. I have 7 hours before the B will be using the crib as a bounce house and want to be fed. I keep waiting for her to go over the side and run free.




4 comments:
Congrats on make the 6 month mark, your my hero!
What a wonderful post, Trish! I let that 6 month mark sneak by without even noticing - thanks for reminding me! We miss you guys, too, and I think about you all the time. Congratulations, from my tornado-devastated house to yours!
Love, Billie, Joe, Anna and Will
Trish -
Isn't it funny how these past six months have just flown right by?! It almost seems surreal that we were in China such a short time ago...yet it feels like a LIFETIME ago!!!
We are truly blessed!!
Teresa =)
What a wonderful post!! I hope Izzy is feeling better and that you get the rest you need.
Adreanna & Addison
Post a Comment